[CentOS-devel] Differences in IaaS and PaaS, thoughts for the Cloud SIG

Dave Neary

dneary at redhat.com
Wed Jan 15 11:23:10 UTC 2014

Hi Adam,

On 01/15/2014 12:50 AM, Adam Miller wrote:
>     I would like to start a discussion around the relationship between IaaS
> and PaaS as topics for the CentOS Cloud SIG.
>
> Should we have one SIG with "sub-SIGs"? Separate SIGs for each? or some
> other variation?

I see PaaS as an application that runs on IaaS - if we're splitting into
"Cloud infrastructure" and "Cloud instances/applications" would it be
more appropriate in the cloud applications SIG?

I would also see the likes of XLCloud (elastic cloud based HPC) fitting
in that category.

What do you think?

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary - Community Action and Impact
Ph: +33 9 50 71 55 62 / Cell: +33 6 77 01 92 13