[CentOS-devel] Cloud-init for CentOS?

Sam Kottler

s at shk.io
Wed Jan 22 17:12:34 UTC 2014

On 01/22/2014 05:01 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 01/22/2014 12:19 AM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
>> On 01/16/2014 04:11 PM, Alessandro Pilotti wrote:
>>> For OpenStack we need 0.7.x. It'll be great if we could have it in EPEL.
>>>

>> reporting from a conversation on irc earlier today, Sam is going to push
>> getting cloud-init 0.7.x into EPEL-6 within a few days time.
>>
>> that then means we dont need to own cloud-init in CentOS-Extras/ for
>> now, and images we ship will retain an upgrade path for the code/content
>> inside that.
>>
>> I think its worth waiting for the newer cloud-init to arrive in epel.
>
> there is a possibility that we can get 0.7.5 of cloud-init, which will
> help resolve a bunch of issues with opennebula and cloudstack issues as
> well.

0.7.5 is not released upstream yet AFAICT despite their documentation
site and other stuff being updated. Can anyone confirm this? The version
that's in ubuntu seems to be built straight from bzr. I've just
committed a pretty large changeset that bumps to 0.7.4; thanks to Lars
Kellogg-Stedman and Steve Hardy for their assistance. There are still
some dependency issues which I'm working on fixing now, but those should
hopefully be taken care of soon.