[CentOS-devel] EPEL and i686

Stephen John Smoogen

smooge at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 22:42:50 UTC 2014

On 24 January 2014 15:29, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:

> On 01/24/2014 10:26 PM, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:
> > On 01/25/2014 12:13 AM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> Whats the plan for EPEL i686 / EL7 ? Does anyone know if there is even
> >> going to be a multilib attempt or is everything going to stay x86_64
> clean ?
> > they build for x86_64 and ppc64 only,
>
> So then the question is - what is the process to enable i686 there ( or,
> do we then need to own all of EPEL - atleast some subset ) locally if we
> are going to attempt a i686 CentOS build ?
>
> - KB

EPEL is built against the binaries from Red Hat Enterprise Linux so the
architectures we have supported in the past have been only the ones they
support (x86_64, i686, ppc64) with EL7 we are currently focusing on x86_64
and ppc64. I do not know at this time what issues we would need to get a
CentOS tree in our build system.

> --
> Karanbir Singh
> +44-207-0999389 | http://www.karan.org/ | twitter.com/kbsingh