[CentOS-devel] CentOS 7 Artwork

Alain Reguera Delgado

alain.reguera at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 05:55:12 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 6:04 PM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org>wrote:

> How can we move this forward a bit, getting the artwork done is going to
> rapidly become a blocker on us being able to put a EL7 beta build out
> from the CentOS side

This is the main goal of The CentOS Artwork Repository.

For example, once EL7 artistic motif, design models and configuration files
are defined inside the repository, you could use the automation scripts
inside the repository to produce all the images you need using just one
command (e.g., tcar render Motfis/$NAME/Distribution/$VERSION)
consistently, including branded images. In case some design model requries
translations (e.g., anaconda slides) it is required to localize design
models first for each language you want to produce images for (e.g., tcar
locale Models/Distribution/5/Anaconda/) and then run the render command of
tcar script. The translation process is entirely based on gettext standard
procedures. The image rendition process uses Inkscape command-line to
transform SVGZ files into PNG files which might be later transformed using
ImageMagick and Netpbm tools. The entire process is controlled by simple
configuration files.

I'm trying to optimize this process as much as possible to satisfy the
CentOS Project needs. Anyone interested in contributing to this effort is
welcome to join in. Everything related to artwork will be moved to
git.centos.org and community contribution would take place there.
Meanwhile, you can take a look at
https://github.com/areguera/centos-artwork where
there is a preview of the work.

Best Regards,