[CentOS-devel] Policy Proposal for bugs.centos.org

Thu Jan 9 18:05:34 UTC 2014
Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com>

On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 10:16 AM, Christoph Galuschka
<tigalch at tigalch.org> wrote:
> I don't know if there have been any thoughts around on this, but I think
> there is no form of policy in place regarding the CentOS bug-tracker?
> I'm thinking along stuff like i.e.
> no activity for > 1 year --> close issue.
>
> I would like to hear feedback (suggestions if there are some) on this
> thought. If we want to move something like that into place (and there is
> enough feedback), i'd be willing to write an initial draft to expand upon.

Thanks for bringing this up. My main "concern" is that bugs.c.o. has
not been receiving much attention by the community as well as by the
admin team. It can use more assistance / man power and that should
help speed up identifying and resolving bugs, or discarding non-bugs
and redirect users to support venues.

There are those that definitely need actions from the admin side. I'm
hoping, with the latest arrangement, that the devteam would be able to
spend more time for the stuff hanging in bugs.c.o. Then, anything that
is still left unresolved > 1 year might have to be "given up" and
closed as such.

Akemi