[CentOS-devel] Any plans to rebuild RHS under CentOS?

Thu Jan 9 22:33:19 UTC 2014

On 01/08/2014 01:20 PM, C. L. Martinez wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 12:29 PM, Jacob Yundt <jyundt at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>  Exists some plans to do a rebuild  of RedHat Storage Server in CentOS
>>> distribution??
>>
>> I can't speak for the CentOS devs, but I kept getting into a weird
>> jboss dependency loop when trying to build the console (RHSC).  Other
>> than that, most of the srpms rebuilt without issue.
>>

> Thanks Jacob ... I'm not worried about the console ... I can live without it :))

At that point isnt a complete gluster build enough to tick the box ?
there is a bug report on bugs.centos.org where conversation aims to
restore sanity to the present situation in el6.5 where the client side
code and some deps for it are present in distro with no way to map the
rest to epel or gluster builds.

Talking to Johnmark and Kaleb - we could try and either build something
into Extras/ that does map back to the version bits in distro, or we
just do the whole centos-release-gluster-*.rpm that brings in a local
centos.org hosted gluster specific repo and obsoletes the indistro
components : while this sounds drastic, its not that bad a place to be
since the dep chain outbound within the distro is fairly small ( to
satisfy libvirt features on client side ), so the centos-release-gluster
process would only be needed on the storage cluster itself.

personally, I'd prefer to 'complete' using Extras/ for now and let the
larger ecosystem scope define if we need the centos-release-gluster
model. But get onto that bug report and lets have the focused conversation.

- KB

--
Karanbir Singh