[CentOS-devel] Policy Proposal for bugs.centos.org

Thu Jan 9 23:10:28 UTC 2014
Anssi Johansson <centos at miuku.net>

Karanbir Singh kirjoitti:
> On 01/09/2014 06:05 PM, Akemi Yagi wrote:
>> Thanks for bringing this up. My main "concern" is that bugs.c.o. has
>> not been receiving much attention by the community as well as by the
>> admin team. It can use more assistance / man power and that should
>> help speed up identifying and resolving bugs, or discarding non-bugs
>> and redirect users to support venues.
>
> thats an important thing - quite a few of those are just people asking
> for help or 'hey i installed this thing, now what'; so i mostly defer to
> the QA folks to triage

I do agree that bugs.c.o should be looked at, and cleaned up of old
problem reports, one way or another.

Now that bugs.c.o is somewhat less visible than what it was with the old
website, I'm hoping that the majority of "I have a problem, help!"
questions will end up to the forum, where they might be easier to
triage. In addition, the forum (and IRC) allow easier community
participation in resolving problems. bugs.c.o is mainly handled by the
devs and QA people.

If something ends up being a real bug, it should be easy to tell users
on the forum/IRC to file a bug at either bugs.c.o or bz.r.c, as appropriate.

If someone has a problem like "My server is not booting, help!", it's
going to take a while to determine if the problem is really a bug or
not. I'd like to have those discussions either on the forum or on IRC,
so bugs.c.o would only get real bugs that actually need fixing.