[CentOS-devel] Policy Proposal for bugs.centos.org

Fri Jan 10 00:05:33 UTC 2014
Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com>

On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 3:59 PM, Anssi Johansson <centos at miuku.net> wrote:
> Karanbir Singh kirjoitti:
>> On 01/09/2014 11:10 PM, Anssi Johansson wrote:
>>> Now that bugs.c.o is somewhat less visible than what it was with the old
>>> website, I'm hoping that the majority of "I have a problem, help!"
>>> questions will end up to the forum, where they might be easier to
>>> triage. In addition, the forum (and IRC) allow easier community
>>> participation in resolving problems. bugs.c.o is mainly handled by the
>>> devs and QA people.
>>
>> how do you propose we make the bugs.c.o more visible. The wiki
>> /GettingHelp page might be something to clean up, almost certainly
>> shorten and promoted ?
>
> No, having bugs.c.o linked from www.c.o > Community > Contribute is
> enough for me. I don't want more visibility for bugs.c.o, the current
> situation is fine for me. Others may have differing opinions about this
> (such as http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=6886 ).

Surely, I beg to differ. :-)

The fact that the forum user who found some links on the new website
that needed corrections but was unable to find a link to bugs.c.o.
prompted me to file that bug report yesterday. And because it is
there, let's move this talk over to that bug tracker, shall we?

Akemi