[CentOS-devel] Repositories in new ecosystem and Desktop version

Fri Jan 10 01:47:01 UTC 2014
Manuel Wolfshant <wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro>

On 01/10/2014 03:31 AM, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
> On 01/10/2014 02:18 AM, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:
>> On 01/10/2014 01:24 AM, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
>>> 1. yum-plugin-priorities should become mandatory for all CentOS Variants
>>> including Base distro.
>>>
>>> [..]
>> IActually a saner and less prone to surprises approach is to rely on
>> exclude= and includepkgs=
>>

> Try to explain that to a 50-year old woman that only wants to listen to
> her MP3 collection ;-)
I guess I did not explain my idea well enough.

I am not opposed in any way in including references to the needed 3party
repos and by matter of consequence, 3rd party packages. What I am trying
to say is that instead of relying on priorities which are very often
creating issues ( the conflicts between EPEL and rpmforge being
notorious ) , you should rely on the exclude/includepkgs system and
fetch exactly the packages that you need and make sure nothing else gets
downloaded/included/installed.