[CentOS-devel] A format request to create a Eucalyptus Special Interest Group

Fri Jan 10 23:09:06 UTC 2014

On 01/10/2014 10:26 AM, Dave Neary wrote:

> What (if any) packages would you need which are not in the core platform
> (that is, either packages which aren't there at all, or that would need
> to be newer/patched compared to core)?

The aim was to give every SIG the ability to run one or more Extras/
like or Plus/ like repos ( Plus/ content can overwrite OS components,
Extras/ cant ).

> The best option from my point of view would be to have Eucalyptus
> participating in a Cloud SIG, and spinning a Euca variant from that.
> Would that be OK with you?

That would get my vote as well, however it might be worth considering a
few things here :
Do we split Cloud Infra from Cloud Instance SIGs ? Although the core SIG
will deliver cloud instances, it will only be for the core distro.

And when multiple vendor or project solutions need to replace or rely on
components that otherwise have the same name/ver or similar function (
eg. different libvirt versions ), how do we handle those.

- KB

--
Karanbir Singh