[CentOS-devel] A format request to create a Eucalyptus Special Interest Group

Mon Jan 13 17:55:27 UTC 2014
Rich Bowen <rbowen at redhat.com>

On 01/12/2014 08:25 AM, Dave Neary wrote:
> I definitely see provision of cloud instances and collaboration on what
> infra providers need to be separate problem spaces. I was thinking
> "cloud infrastructure" when thinking about a cloud SIG, but perhaps it
> makes sense to frame things as you suggest.
>
> What I would like to see is a CentOS stack which allows all of the cloud
> storage, networking, virt management and IaaS projects to show
> themselves in a good light - we will need newer stuff that isn't
> available in RHEL 6 to do so (and the sam will doubtless happen during
> the RHEL 7 release cycle), and it makes sense for us to talk & share the
> burden of supporting those newer components on top of core CentOS.

+1

And it sounds like we've got at least some consensus on that approach
from various folks. Hopefully everyone that's interested in this is
following all of the various cloud-sig threads. Probably time to
consolidate all the various threads into one ...

Rich Bowen - rbowen at redhat.com
OpenStack Community Liaison
http://openstack.redhat.com/