[CentOS-devel] Repository structures for SIG and variants in the future

Mon Jan 13 19:18:39 UTC 2014
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 1:05 PM, Jim Perrin <jperrin at centos.org> wrote:

> The way I envision this working is as follows:
>
>  - Tier 1 repositories: Adds packages only. These repos may not update
> or replace anything in the core distribution. (Example: EPEL)

What about the scenario where you want packages from more than one
tier 1 repo?   Will there be some coordination to at least try to
avoid conflicts across them or document the workarounds if they
happen?    It will probably be common to require EPEL in addition to
at least one other tier 1 (unless there is a horrible amount of
duplication) - so what will prevent the addition of packages into EPEL
that conflict with other tier 1's even if they start out without
conflicts?

--
   Les Mikesell