[CentOS-devel] Repository structures for SIG and variants in the future

Fri Jan 17 12:29:18 UTC 2014
Trevor Hemsley <trevor.hemsley at ntlworld.com>

On 17/01/14 12:25, Jim Perrin wrote:
> On 01/16/2014 06:12 PM, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
>
>> I forgot to add that yum-plugin-priorities should be made mandatory for
>> any CentOS installation.
>>

> Adding some default lines to the repository configuration I'm open to,
> and we can discuss that as a change for an upcoming release.
>
> Mandating a package installation like this I'm pretty strongly against.
> That decision should be for the sysadmin (or a variant spin) to make.

I think it might be good to add priority=1 to both base and updates
repos in CentOS-Base.repo. If yum-plugin-priorities is installed then
those two repos probably should be the highest priority they can be and
if it isn't installed then they are no-ops so don't matter.