[CentOS-devel] Packaging Office hours at 16:00 UTC today

Thu Jan 23 02:01:03 UTC 2014
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 6:45 PM, Ljubomir Ljubojevic <centos at plnet.rs> wrote:

>> I'm not thinking of largely different files, I'm thinking of files
>> that depend very closely on each other and need to be constrained to
>> update together - perhaps from repos managed separately.
>>

> So in your opinion, no Variants should be created, or everyone should
> duplicate the packages they use like it is done now. Got it.

No, in my opinion both of those would be less than optimal.   As would
arranging things so they will break unpredictably.   But, as far as I
can tell, holding the repository version to the version you want
deployed is the only way to control yum.   I've always thought that
was inefficient even in the context of testing against your own local
applications.  Maybe someone will have a better idea.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com