[CentOS-devel] Latest builds are now online 2014-06-25_build 4

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Jul 2 09:52:20 UTC 2014

On 07/02/2014 10:38 AM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
>> I am less opposed to these as they retain some semblance of a
>> correlation to upstream 7.0, although presumably any release would now
>> be .1407 rather than .1406 as we are now into July?
>
> no it wont, we use the tag that matches upstream's release stamp, so
> will stay 1406

This is a great example of why the date scheme is much better than the
old one - it clearly reflects the state of code inside the release.

If we were to now roll in all the ZD+later updates, we'd have marked it
1407, but since it reflects the codebase from 14 06, its tagg'ed 1406.

- KB

--
Karanbir Singh