[CentOS-devel] Latest builds are now online 2014-06-25_build 4

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 03:24:34 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 9:14 PM, Manuel Wolfshant
<wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro> wrote:

>> The difference is, in git you can roll back to whatever version you
>> want, all in one spot, see the specs and sources already exploded, edit
>> them if required, etc.
>>
>> We always also need to look at the compilation of those binaries to
>> match up the isos, etc.
>>
> I think that his question was more like "how do we  - as end consumers
> wishing to look "straight at the source" - know  that a specific
> package-version-release came as update for 7.0 or was released as part
> of 7.1 ?". Am I right, Les ?

No, I wasn't thinking of needing to check for myself - just wanted to
know that someone already had.  But, having tried to assemble systems
with back-rev components to duplicate and debug issues I'm wondering
if that will be better/worse/same?   It's not particularly easy now,
especially once you cross minor rev releases.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com