[CentOS-devel] Upgrade tool patching and debugging.

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Sat Jul 5 22:30:09 UTC 2014

On 07/03/2014 02:07 AM, Jim Perrin wrote:
> Now that we've got c7 mostly finalized we're starting to look at the
> upgrade tool. There are several moving pieces for the upgrade tool that
> will need some patching to work properly.
>
> For anyone who's interesting in taking a dive into the code and helping
> out, we have some first-run binaries located at
> http://dev.centos.org/centos/6/upg/  with the source living on
> git.centos.org
>
> These binaries will most likely not work, but they should provide a
> decent starting point for testing and debugging.
>
> We do not consider the upgrade tool to be a blocker for c7, so if
> someone would like to take a swing at the patches required to make this
> work while we put the finishing touches on getting c7 out the door, it
> would be greatly appreciated.

for the sake of completeness: looks like all the docs for the inplace
upgrade are actually behind a paywall of sorts. so we are going to need
to figure this out ourselves.

its been mentioned that this toolset draws from the fedup process - so
people familiar with that might be able to help ?

--
Karanbir Singh