[CentOS-devel] Delta RPMs disabled by default?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 01:14:31 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 6:14 PM, Manuel Wolfshant
<wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro> wrote:
> On 07/09/2014 12:19 AM, Les Mikesell wrote:
>> I think it might have been included in some versions of the minimal
>> release (maybe 6.3 or so?).  I have yum-presto on one system and 'yum
>> info' says it came from:
>> >From repo   : anaconda-CentOS-201207061011.x86_64
>> and I think that was a minimal iso,
>>   but it hasn't been on other versions.
> It was included until 6.3 but got removed once the concept of the
> minimal ISO was changed from " a minimum of packages needed to have a
> functional system " to "a set of installed packages almost identical to
> the one installed when choosing the group named "Minimal" from the full
> DVD image." See
> http://wiki.centos.org/Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOSMinimalCD6.4 vs
> http://wiki.centos.org/Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOSMinimalCD6.3
>
> And I have to be honest and declare that I have no idea why we[*]
> included presto in the first iterations of the disk. It was an error, it
> should not have been there.

Thanks - at least I'm not going crazy - yet, anyway....   My concept
of 'minimal' would be just what it takes to let someone ssh in and run
yum to install everything else, with the exception of having
openssh-clients and rsync in case you want to copy stuff over first.
But having more than that doesn't bother me as long as it fits on a
cd.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com