[CentOS-devel] Delta RPMs disabled by default?

Jonathan Dieter jdieter at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 07:20:26 UTC 2014

On 07/08/2014 07:12 AM, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> We may still do drpms if enough people use them and ask for it.

Ok, granted, I may be biased since I wrote the yum-presto plugin (which
has now been merged into yum), but please do create deltarpms once
you've done the initial release.  I've really appreciated the fact that
they were available for CentOS 6, and would love them to continue to be
available for CentOS 7.

I did notice that CentOS 6 did carry far more old drpms than Fedora
does; if extra space is an issue, I'd suggest carrying a maximum of 2
drpms per package: release -> current and current-1 -> current.

Jonathan