[CentOS-devel] Delta RPMs disabled by default?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 17:14:25 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 11:56 AM, Jonathan Dieter <jdieter at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 07/09/2014 07:38 AM, Les Mikesell wrote:
>> Is there any way to use deltarpms to get repeatable updates out of
>> yum?   That is can you tell yum to only use the deltas from a
>> particular run/time even if newer ones or newer rpm packages exist in
>> the repository?
>
> I've never heard of them used this way, and I don't think the code has
> been written to do this.  It could possibly be implemented as a yum/dnf
> plugin.

So there's no way to force yum to only use deltas - or better, one set
of deltas?   I've been looking for a sane way to get repeatable
updates out of yum forever (i.e. update production to match your last
QA update after testing is complete), and no, I don't consider keeping
a snapshot copy of a repository in every state that I might want to
reproduce to be a sane approach.

--
   Les Mikesell
      lesmikesell at gmail.com