[CentOS-devel] RFC: Alternative Desktop SIG

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 22:50:06 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 10:54 AM, Anders F Björklund
<afb at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

>>> Well, last time I looked it was still trying to use the "Fedora" icons
>>> from the epel6 package so it seemed like it was built and left there ?
>>
>> I maintain/use Xfce in Fedora. Another interested party worked on Xfce
>> for epel5/6. I'd be happy to look at specific bugs, but I don't use it
>> day to day there, so I wouldn't have noticed this.
>
> This would be an articulated goal of the new Special Interest Group,
> to make sure that such bugs and wishlists are forwarded upstream...

I actually use vtwm quite effectively, and will test it on CentOS 7
when I have a chance. Much, much lighter weight than most modern
managers, and thus much more robust on thin clients and overwhelmed
VM's. Will I need to try to get that into Fedora first, or is there a
reasonable way to get it into the 'extras' for CentOS?

The RPM building tools are at https://github.com/nkadel/vtwm-5.5.x-srpm

                           Nico Kadel-Garcia