[CentOS-devel] Processing bugs - Possible new status addition

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Thu Jul 10 23:06:06 UTC 2014

On 07/10/2014 09:08 PM, Christoph Galuschka wrote:
> Am 10.07.2014 21:32, schrieb Phil Wyett:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> This morning the discussion of certain statuses for bugs came up in
>> #centos-devel on IRC.
>>
>> Scenario:
>>
>> - Bug reported. For argument an aged bug that is >= 1 point release
>>    lower than current point release for the bug.
>> - Bug cannot be reproduced on same major release/current point release.
>> - Reporter asked for feedback - Do they still have the issue? etc.
>> - Feedback does not come in 6 months.
>>
>> At this point it was decided the bug should not be closed, but an
>> appropriate status be assigned. Current statuses do not really cover the
>> above scenario. One suggestion on IRC was a status of:
>>
>> CLOSED_NOFEEDBACK
>>
> That option would be nice.
>
> cheers

in bugs.centos.org there are 2 differnet fields, there is 'status' and
there is 'resolution'. So setting status to closed, regardless of what
the resolution is, will just block it off.

So, I'm tempted to say we should just setup a new status for 'stale' but
use a better word ? and leave the resolution fields as they are.

in the example above it would be status: closed, resolution: nofeedback.

To me, it almost indicates the bug report has no merit anymore ( that
might not be true ).

--
Karanbir Singh