[CentOS-devel] CentOS7 minimal install ISO

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 11:54:42 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 5:51 AM, Fabian Arrotin
<fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net> wrote:
> On 14/07/14 11:41, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:
>> On 07/13/2014 10:01 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
>>>
>>> We pushed and did some initial testing around a minimal build last night
>>> on irc. the builds were pushed to
>>> http://buildlogs.centos.org/centos/7/isos/x86_64
>>>
>>> It does not have the anaconda changes we typically do with the minimal
>>> install, but otherwise it should be a complete build at 565MB in size.
>>>
>>> please test it, its essential that we get as wide a testing base and
>>> options / variations as possible.
>>>

>> I've done a couple of installs as a VMWare Workstation guest.
>> All went good until I decided to encrypt the FS. Once I did that, after
>> install ends and the VM reboots I get only a dark screen with no
>> opportunity to input the password. I can mount and see the content if I
>> boot from the rescue disk.
>>

> That one is "known" : http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=7293
>
> --
> Fabian Arrotin
> gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab

Given that rhgb is 'Red Hat Graphical Boot', that it simply pops up
eye candy during boot, that it doesn't actually assist in the boot
process, and that it's destabilizing complex environments, *AGAIN*:
any chance of just turning it the heck off by default in anaconda's
original grub setup?