[CentOS-devel] vault.centos.org rsync mirror site

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 01:51:57 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 8:32 AM, Farkas Levente <lfarkas at lfarkas.org> wrote:
> hi,
> is there any rsync mirror site of vault.centos.org? i was unable to find
> any:-(
> thanks.
> regards.

This doesn't seem so much like a developer question, more like an
admin question. Please follow up over there.

To answer your question, not that I've found.

If you have to, use commands like 'reposync' or even 'lftp' to create
local mirrors for speedier access. It's painful to set up unless you
pre-pppulate it with a mirror of the current release with hardlinked
copies to all the target directories. And don't update your mirrors
too often, it's a significant amount of load on the upstream servers.

I've done this to maintain local mirrors in environments where the OS
was locked to a particular CentOS release, and I wanted kickstart or
mock to be able to point to matching repos without overwhelming
vault.centos.org.