[CentOS-devel] CentOS7 minimal install ISO

Manuel Wolfshant wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro
Sat Jul 19 02:23:36 UTC 2014

On 07/18/2014 11:38 PM, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> On 07/17/2014 09:52 AM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 07/15/2014 02:02 PM, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
>>> I've started from scratch a list on my side (feel free to compare with
>>> the previous ones used/sent to the list) and I attach it to that mail
>>> (see minimal.list)
>> I've just done a build with the added packages to match the manifest
>> here ( 12 rpms added ).
>>
>> Build is now on buildlogs.centos.org/centos/7/isos/ and has sha256sum:
>>
>> 04e99a4f1a013b95a7ebc9a90ffa9ac64d28eb9872bc193fbd7c581ec9b6a360
>> CentOS-7.0-1406-x86_64-Minimal.iso
>>
>> please test, this build should be considered as a RC
>>
>> - KB
>>

> IPv4 install works fine for me.  It installs, boots, I can set up all
> the options I normally need.  XFS as the default file systems for / and
> /boot, LVM works.  Found wireless and wired NICs on several machines.
> CentOS-Base.repo works, updates install, etc.
>
> Looks release ready to me.
>
> Would be nice to get more feedback, especially for other than standard
> installs (IPv6, encrypted disk, etc.)
I've done two tests in VirtualBox:

1. First I tried to do an install  in EFI mode but the install process
crashed . First I got the message displayed at
http://wdl.lug.ro/shot0001.png and after a few seconds ( screen went
completely blank ) the VM crashed.
2.  Second I did a non-EFI install, using an encrypted filesystem.
Everything went smoothly, no problems at all.
http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=7293 did not manifest, as soon as the
VM booted I was properly prompted for the password.

Worth mentioning maybe that if I enable EFI in the VM settings of the VM
installed during the second test, it boots and lands in the UEFI
interactive shell, only in the presence of the installer iso does it crash.