[CentOS-devel] [Patch] Preupgrade assistant: platform

Manuel Mausz manuel at mausz.at
Sat Jul 19 06:04:58 UTC 2014

Quoting Laurent Rineau <laurent.rineau__fedora at normalesup.org>:

> Two things that must be patched, so that is can be fully usable:

Attached is a patch which should fix both problems:
* Disable the OS variants check as CentOS has none (afaik).
* Replace the RH GPG Keys with the CentOS ones and rename the whole group

I'm not really happy with my changes as right now I've to do the same
modification twice. In the specific definition of the group as well as
in the big composition file of all groups (all-xccd.xml).

Using a tool from preupgrade-assistant (PA) I could generate the
composition during build time which would reduce the changes by ~50%.
However right now the required tool is not shipped with the RPM. So I
could either add it to the sources of PA-contents or we create
something like a PA-devel RPM which will be a build dependency for the
PA-contents RPM.
Thoughts?

manuel