[CentOS-devel] [Patch] Preupgrade assistant: platform

Manuel Mausz manuel at mausz.at
Thu Jul 24 18:25:22 UTC 2014

Hello,

attached are the last pieces for getting the preupgrade assistant ready.

As already outlined in one of my previous messages I now generate the
big xml composition during build time. This greatly reduces the size of
the needed rebranding patches, although it's still rather massive.

I didn't rebrand links to the manual as it's not available right now.
Same goes for links to the knowledgebase.

As soon the packages has been rebuild by the CentOS guys please test the
upgrade assistant. Just fire up the tool with preupg -s CentOS6_7 and
look at the generated report. The assistant *won't modify any* of your
files. Everything the assistant does is looking and analyzing your
current system.
The packages will be available at http://dev.centos.org/centos/6/upg/
(wait for the preupgrade-assistant-contents-0.5.13-1.0.4 rpm)

With these patches applied I consider the assistant to be complete. So
please consider adding the package to the public repo. Or just sign it
so the assistant won't detect itself as 3rd party :)

manuel