[CentOS-devel] Cloud image default login

Karanbir Singh

kbsingh at centos.org
Mon Jul 14 14:43:28 UTC 2014

Hi,

This is a conversation thats been had in the past, but i want to make
sure that everyone has a perspective on this :

what is the default username we should ship the cloud images with ?
there seems to be an ever growing not-root voice, which is fine. For
CentOS-5/6 I would prefer to still leave it as 'root' for now, however
since we dont have CentOS-7 images out there yet, it might be good to
get the changes in place now.

options : cloud-user seems to be getting traction as the default
username in fedora and some rhel quarters, do we stick with that ?

'centos' is another potentially good option, there is precidence there
already.

'somethingelse': what would that something else be ?

- KB

--
Karanbir Singh, Project Lead, The CentOS Project
+44-207-0999389 | http://www.centos.org/ | twitter.com/CentOS