[CentOS-devel] Request to create a new CentOS based project - FireServer

Fernando Pimenta

fernando.c.pimenta at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 00:38:02 UTC 2014

Dear Sir.

I'm starting a project (actually I'm reactivating) that builds upon CentOS:
The FireServer Project - www.fireserver.com.br

All information about the project and reasons led me to create it, are in
http://opensource.com/life/14/6/fireserver-project.

The old distribution was based on RedHat and now I'm using CentOS 6.5 as a
minimal base construction.

I already have my methods and ways to create the distribution, but I think
I can improve a lot in the following areas:

-Better tools to building distribution
-Tools for version control
-Support from experts in CentOS to fine tunning with Firebird Database
-More  availability to download FireServer ISO via mirrors
-Creation of cloud images for AWS, Rackspace and others

What do you think of helping me to select the best fit the FireServer on
CentOS? I'd be happy to help spread the CentOS too. I like the RedHat and
CentOS distros (I'm using CentOS in my notebook since version 5.x)

I await the feedback of the team.

Best regards,

Fernando Pimenta
FireServer Project Leader