[CentOS-devel] Latest builds are now online 2014-06-25_build 4

Les Mikesell

lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 14:53:54 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 9:48 AM, Morten Stevens
<mstevens at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

>>>  I think what people want is to keep it closely tied to the upstream
>>> identification.
>>
>> yes, which is what this achieves.
>
> No, it doesn't. Close to upstream means 7.0 and not 7-0-core-1406.
>
> CentOS 7.0 will reflect RHEL 7.0 codebase / code age. Based on upstream.
>
> CentOS 7-0-core-1406 will confuse many people.

The confusion could be solved by a little table on the CentOS web site
showing the matching identifiers.  Then again, if it is a 1:1
correspondence, why change it at all?  Just make the table showing the
dates....  Or look at the timestamp on the file the way you usually
find dates when things were done.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com