[CentOS-devel] Back on CentOS-devel to get some git.centos.org improvements

Chris St. Pierre

chris.a.st.pierre at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 12:18:38 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 6:22 AM, Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel at gmail.com> wrote:

> And you folks at git.centos.org and the CentOS core developer group, I
> have some confidence in. Certainly Red Hat does,  they hired a bunch
> of you. The result is that I assume you have good access from which
> you are building your imported git.centos.org sources, either direct
> git exports from Red Hat's internal git repos or a full feed Red Hat
> subscription to work the SRPM's from. I'm actually quite curious which
> you use, I don't see anything at git.centos.org to indicate. Either
> way, though, I have some confidence in *your* access to upstream
> resources.

This is where I've been trying to tell you you're wrong.  They've made it
clear that they use git.centos.org, just like the rest of us.  The name on
their paycheck doesn't make them special in this regard.  The domain in
their email address doesn't make them special in this regard.  They are
subject to the same limitations that we are, which is why asking *them* to
certify that sources they *only consume* is pure folly.

Four CentOS core members work for upstream.  That does *not* make CentOS
upstream.

--
Chris St. Pierre