[CentOS-devel] Delta RPMs disabled by default?

Karanbir Singh

mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Jul 9 07:32:15 UTC 2014

On 07/09/2014 08:20 AM, Jonathan Dieter wrote:
> On 07/08/2014 07:12 AM, Johnny Hughes wrote:
>> We may still do drpms if enough people use them and ask for it.
>
> Ok, granted, I may be biased since I wrote the yum-presto plugin (which
> has now been merged into yum), but please do create deltarpms once
> you've done the initial release.  I've really appreciated the fact that
> they were available for CentOS 6, and would love them to continue to be
> available for CentOS 7.

yes. we are going to do drpms.

> I did notice that CentOS 6 did carry far more old drpms than Fedora
> does; if extra space is an issue, I'd suggest carrying a maximum of 2
> drpms per package: release -> current and current-1 -> current.

I was thinking more about something like 5 drpms;

Also, i didnt realise one could do arbitary point in time drpms. I
thought it was just --num-deltas XX, and it would generate XX of the
latest e:v-r deltas. How does one have createrepo generate
$release->current and $current-1 -> $current ?

or is it a case of just generating all of them and rm -f'ing them before
push to mirror ?

--
Karanbir Singh