[CentOS-devel] Cloud image default login

Karanbir Singh

mail-lists at karan.org
Mon Jul 14 16:13:10 UTC 2014

On 07/14/2014 05:10 PM, Neil Wilson wrote:
> Leave the sudoers entry to cloud-init, as they do in Fedora.
>
> This is what I have at present as the system_info entry in the cloud.cfg
>
> system_info:
>   default_user:
>     name: centos
>     lock_passwd: true
>     gecos: CentOS Cloud User
>     groups: [wheel, adm]
>     sudo: ["ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD:ALL"]
>     shell: /bin/bash
>   distro: rhel
>   paths:
>     cloud_dir: /var/lib/cloud
>     templates_dir: /etc/cloud/templates
>   ssh_svcname: sshd

Interesting, thanks.

I will have a testing image up later today ( been iterating builds and
tests at AWS all day today ). For now, lets go with 'centos' as the
user, and see if we are breaking lots of stuff.

btw, how does this play with ansible which expects root login to the
images ?

--
Karanbir Singh