[CentOS-devel] Koji targets for the SIGs

Lalatendu Mohanty

lmohanty at redhat.com
Tue Jul 15 15:15:33 UTC 2014

On 07/15/2014 04:37 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 07/15/2014 09:49 AM, Thomas Oulevey wrote:
>> So my proposal is:
>>
>> For the build tags : <SIG><MAJOR>-<TAG>[-<COLLECTION>,]-build
>> And the target : <SIG><MAJOR>-<TAG>[-<COLLECTION>,]
>> The destination can be <SIG><MAJOR>-testing/<SIG><MAJOR>-release for
>> all the target. (or keep the Fedora naming dist-*, but it looks more
>> confusing to me)
>>
> I think this works, the only consideration is that we might need to ( we
> really should ) give the SIG's a -devel a -testing and -production
> target, so they can build and release into vairous repos.
>
> At the very least we would need a -devel where they can do whatever, and
> a -testing where they can then push builds that need to be made public
> on the repos, and once some criteria is satisfied, we can push content
> from -testing to -production ( I dont think we need a rebuild for that,
> just moving the rpms over should be good enough )

If we have facility to scratch build, do we need a "-devel" tag as we
can do scratch build as many time we want? As I mentioned in a previous
mail, we can promote a build from -test to -production after it meets
certain criteria. Building it for multiple targets will be overhead IMO.

Thanks,
Lala
#lalatenduM