[CentOS-devel] Koji targets for the SIGs

Brian Stinson

bstinson at ksu.edu
Tue Jul 15 15:53:51 UTC 2014

On Jul 15 16:35, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 07/15/2014 04:15 PM, Lalatendu Mohanty wrote:

> >> I think this works, the only consideration is that we might need to ( we
> >> really should ) give the SIG's a -devel a -testing and -production
> >> target, so they can build and release into vairous repos.
> >>
> >> At the very least we would need a -devel where they can do whatever, and
> >> a -testing where they can then push builds that need to be made public
> >> on the repos, and once some criteria is satisfied, we can push content
> >> from -testing to -production ( I dont think we need a rebuild for that,
> >> just moving the rpms over should be good enough )
> >>

> > If we have facility to scratch build, do we need a "-devel" tag as we
> > can do scratch build as many time we want? As I mentioned in a previous
> > mail, we can promote a build from -test to -production after it meets
> > certain criteria. Building it for multiple targets will be overhead IMO.
>
> that works too - the important thing is to have some process that people
> can use to do these builds

+1 for koji+bodhi. Rpkg already speaks both, but of course we can always do our
own thing if we want. Possible, -1 for bodhi because I'm not sure the
karma-gathering process maps well to the more centralized promotion workflow
(presumably promotions fall to the core team?). Anyone with more bodhi
experience care to chime in about karma?

Brian

--
Brian Stinson
bstinson at ksu.edu | IRC: bstinson | Bitbucket/Twitter: bstinsonmhk