[CentOS-devel] Alternative Desktop SIG

vincent at vanderkussen.org

Mon Jul 21 22:15:19 UTC 2014

On 2014-07-21 14:43, Dustin C. Hatch wrote:
> On 07/21/2014 03:41 AM, vincent at vanderkussen.org wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I don't know what the status of the Desktop SIG is but I would like to
>> build i3wm
>> packages for c7. Not sure where this would belong to. extra's or a
>> SIG?
>>
>> Are there procedures on how to build these packages somwhere and get
>> them added to
>> a repository?
>>
> I don't know about the official procedures for adding packages, but if
> all you want is a working i3, I've got that on Copr:
>
> http://copr-fe.cloud.fedoraproject.org/coprs/admiralnemo/i3wm-el7/
>
> Regards

Hi Dustin,

Thanks for the link to your Copr repo, I'll definitely going to check it
out. On the other hand it would be nice to have these packages coming
from
the CentOS project to be sure they'll be maintained. That's why I
mentioned
the possibility of adding this to the Alternative Desktop SIG...

Regards
Vincent