[CentOS-devel] The CentOS Release Number Typography

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Thu Jun 5 22:09:50 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jun 05, 2014 at 01:37:25PM -0700, Karsten Wade wrote:
> By contrast, in Fedora the release name has been used by the Design
> Team to trigger a visual look - e.g. the Goddard release had a rocket
> theme for desktop background, while the Beefy Miracle release had an
> entire experience that included visuals, content (terribly punny jokes
> about "relishing this release", etc. referring back to the hot dog
> theme), release collateral[1], and so forth. There is an overall
> project aesthetic, but each release comes so fast that the per-release
> themes are not tied to each other.

This is a pretty much a gigantic tangent to CentOS design, but...

I expect that this will change now that we've ditched release names, and
because we're working on presenting separate Cloud, Workstation, and Server
varients with individual identity. I think we'll probably work more on a
consistent Fedora design to tie everything together, while each "product"
grows a unique identity underneath that.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>