[CentOS-devel] The CentOS Release Number Typography

Jim Perrin jperrin at centos.org
Fri Jun 6 13:19:24 UTC 2014

On 06/05/2014 12:52 PM, Alain Reguera Delgado wrote:
> On 6/5/14, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:
>> How close are we to getting a releaseable first-cut of the
>> centos-artwork srpm ?
>
> I've build the following a few weeks ago:
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Themes/Models/Distribution/7?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=redhat-logos-69.1.9-2.el7.centos.src.rpm

Thanks. I'll start taking a look at this one. Out of curiosity, would
you be able to use git.centos.org rather than putting these in the wiki?
If you need your account credentials, I'll send you some temp ones
off-list.

> based on:
>
> http://ftp.redhat.com/redhat/rhel/beta/7/source/SRPMS/redhat-logos-69.1.9-1.el7.src.rpm
>
> and using:
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Themes/Motifs/CentOS7/Sketch1
>
> Should I rename the packge name from "redhat-logo...centos.src.rpm" to
> "centos-logo...src.rpm"?

Yes.

>> Jim has bravely offered to co-ordinate that, can we all just make sure
>> he's aware of whatever work is being done in whatever part of the whole
>> artwork spectrum ?
>
> Jim, could you revise the work and point out issues to fix, so we can
> get something acceptable from it?

Yes. I was traveling yesterday so I'm hitting this pretty much first
thing this morning. I'll be putting together a wiki page with the
various logos, fonts, and licenses etc to help folks keep things
straight, and to ensure that we're using the right ones.

--
Jim Perrin