[CentOS-devel] CentOS 7 and release numbering

Tim Bell Tim.Bell at cern.ch
Sun Jun 8 07:38:10 UTC 2014

My worry is that if I phone into a support line of a commercial company who is supporting CentOS (such as IBM with TSM), they will be very familiar with their baseline support level of RHEL 6.4 (since this will be in their release notes as a pre-req). If we do not have an easy way to say that the CentOS release CentOS-6.1311 is equivalent, we will create some confusion.

Tim