[CentOS-devel] srpms for RHEL 7

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Wed Jun 11 16:57:12 UTC 2014

On 06/11/2014 11:12 AM, Masoud Sharbiani wrote:
> So, in order to custom rebuild a distro from git repos, one should:
> Extract the list of repos
> Clone *all* the git repos locally, and switch to the right branch
> run get_sources.sh in all the repos
> then run rpmbuild -bs *.spec in the right directory, for each repo.
>
> I am sure there is/should be a slightly more efficient way than that.
> How about a repo that contains all the non-binary sources for all the
> packages?

And BTW .. what you described is EXACTLY how "I" am doing right now.  I
checked out the repos and I am going through them and deciding what
needs to be built right now (that is different than the RC).  That is
EXACTLY how CentOS will be produced from this code.

What you see here is what we (the CentOS team) have to work with.  What
we develop as a community to make this easier is how it will get
easier.  That's how open source community projects work.  That is what
everyone wanted ... CentOS to be completely open with how we build and
what we use.  That is what we are doing.

If YOU want to make something easier ... do what Pat is doing and look
at the centos-git-common tree, figure out a better way to do something
and submit code to make it work.

YOU have EXACTLY what we have ... we are building from there too.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes