[CentOS-devel] CentOS 7 and release numbering

Michael.Goldfinger at inhouse.wko.at Michael.Goldfinger at inhouse.wko.at
Thu Jun 12 08:31:18 UTC 2014

Morning all,

I am a real newbie. In fact I just registered to give my two cents about the release numbering discussion.

My vote would be to keep the version numbering in line with RHEL too.
I have always found that version numbers that increase normally are much more logical that version numbers that include a date.

However as someone who has not installed any  Linux distributions before I do not really care about version numbering.
I choose CentOS because I think it best matches my needs. Currently I am waiting for CentOS 7 to start with the fresh version but
at the end it all comes down to download the latest versions from the repositories, I do not even look at the version numbers.
It was a coincident that I found out that 7 is on the way and I decided to wait for it.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Michael