[CentOS-devel] CentOS 7 Public QA Release

Nathanael D. Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Fri Jun 13 18:47:39 UTC 2014

On Fri, 2014-06-13 at 11:22 -0700, Jeff Sheltren wrote:
> We are happy to announce the immediate availability of the first
> CentOS 7 QA Release.

This is fantastic!

> CentOS 7 QA release is available for download at:
>
> http://buildlogs.centos.org/
>

> We are first populating individual RPMs in their respective build
> directories. Once we have a working base install tree, it will be made
> available at the same URL.

> Currently, we only have RPM packages online, but will be bringing
> installable media online as soon as we have it ready.

Once installable media is available I'll start firing up some VMs with
this to test out our systems and report any issues we have.

> Again, this is NOT a final release. It may harm nearby puppies,
> kittens, or other (cute) animals and/or servers.  This is our first
> attempt at opening up CentOS to the wider community, so please bear
> with us as we work through any issues that arise with the process. As
> always, feedback is welcome on the email list or on IRC (#centos-devel
> on Freenode).

We will do our best to install shielded protection for all cute animals
in the vicinity. Though if this happens to wipe out mosquitoes or ants
I'll send you a cheque.

Thanks for all the work and the much much much improved communication as
things move along.

--
Nathanael