[CentOS-devel] Introducing Centpkg (Comments requested)

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Sat Jun 14 13:29:52 UTC 2014

On 06/14/2014 08:07 AM, Brian Stinson wrote:
> Greetings everyone,
>
> I spent a little bit of time to see if pyrpkg
> (https://fedorahosted.org/rpkg/) could help with the "building RPMS from
> a git repo" workflow. Pyrpkg includes methods that can interact with git
> (cloning, downloading sources etc), koji, and the local mock/rpmbuild
> build processes among other things. You may know pyrpkg better as the
> backend for fedpkg in Fedora.

this is awesome, i think we've wanted to have something like this based
on the rpkg stuff. Thanks for taking it up,

> I have a very bare-bones configuration at
> https://bitbucket.org/bstinsonmhk/centpkg that I thought I would share.
> Is the community interested in such a tool? If so I'm happy to keep
> working on it, perhaps with the help of others who are interested?

I'm certainly interested, but stuff is  bit flat-out at the moment. so
might not be able to participate much at the moment. Mike also has
insight into rpkg and might be able to contribute, plus i am sure quite
a few people in the commnuity would. Having this work for us,
automatically opens up a lot of interesting possibilities.

- KB

--
Karanbir Singh