[CentOS-devel] CentOS 7 "nightly builds" and Live Media iso images

Fabian Arrotin fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net
Mon Jun 16 19:14:08 UTC 2014

On 16/06/14 20:36, Connie Sieh wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Jun 2014, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
>
>> As Karanbir announced it today, there will be "nightly builds" happening
>> every day, starting from today (the first one being scheduled to start
>> at 8PM UTC).
>> The whole process will be automated and would also start to reflect
>> those new trees.
>> That means that the url to enter for new network install, and yum
>> repositories will need to be using the 'latest' symlink when that one
>> will appear. (Normally full URL would be
>> http://buildlogs.centos.org/centos/7/os/x86_64-latest)
>> As it will be the first time we'll test the end-to-end automation
>> script, we have no real ETA, but we estimate the "time-to-process"
>> between 3 and 4 hours (so content would be available on
>> buildlogs.centos.org around 11 pm UTC, or slightly later)
>>
>> We've also worked today on the Live Media iso images, so those ones will
>> also be pushed on buildlogs.centos.org (later today, during the "nightly
>> build" process) (see also
>> https://git.centos.org/summary/sig-core!livemedia.git)
>>
>> As a reminder :
>> * RPM packages are still unsigned
>> * yum config files are still missing (but you can point yum to the
>> mentioned repository)
>> * that tree is still "not production" ready and still needs to be
>> investigated (branding hunt, anyone ?)
>> * we count on you to provide feedback (positive or negative, but
>> feedback requested please)
>> * use #centos-devel (irc.freenode.net), @centos-devel list (here), but
>> also file bugs reports on our bugs tracking system
>> (http://bugs.centos.org) and report those under the "CentOS-7" project
>>
>> So , (ab)use the tree, break it, fix it (by filing bug reports - patches
>> *welcome* :-) )
>>

> What is being "rebuilt" with these nightly rebuilds?
>
> -Connie Sieh
> Subject: Re: [CentOS-devel] CentOS 7 "nightly builds" and Live Media iso
>  images
> From: =indows-1252?Q?Connie_Sieh?= <csieh at fnal.gov>
> To: =indows-1252?Q?The_CentOS_developers_mailing_list.?  <centos-devel at centos.org>
> Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 18:36:19 +0000
> Sender: =indows-1252?Q?csieh at fnal.gov?= <centos-devel-bounces at centos.org>
>
> On Mon, 16 Jun 2014, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
>
>> As Karanbir announced it today, there will be "nightly builds" happening
>> every day, starting from today (the first one being scheduled to start
>> at 8PM UTC).
>> The whole process will be automated and would also start to reflect
>> those new trees.
>> That means that the url to enter for new network install, and yum
>> repositories will need to be using the 'latest' symlink when that one
>> will appear. (Normally full URL would be
>> http://buildlogs.centos.org/centos/7/os/x86_64-latest)
>> As it will be the first time we'll test the end-to-end automation
>> script, we have no real ETA, but we estimate the "time-to-process"
> [...]

Packages reported by community (on bugs.centos.org) that need to be
modified:
* for CentOS/Branding issue or
* for functional issue (for example,
http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=7172 -> anaconda modification, tagged
as .centos and patched through git.centos.org)

Cheers,

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab