[CentOS-devel] Multipath-TCP in the centosplus kernel?

Akemi Yagi amyagi at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 17:57:28 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 10:37 AM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:
> On 06/17/2014 06:33 PM, Akemi Yagi wrote:

>> So, we can assume adding the proposed patches should be transparent to
>> the plus kernel users, I suppose. Is this the case?
>>
>> KB? To go ahead with this or not? A separate specific kernel?
>
> either way you decide, i can help facilitate it either way

With my initial concern gone, I now have more practical question.

The modifications are quite extensive as noted in the beginning. I
count 15 patches in include/ and 29 in /net . For each kernel update,
the patch set must be updated/tested. Also there may be updates to the
patches themselves within a given kernel release. How can this be best
handled? Could dealing with the patches cause a delay in the cplus
kernel release?

Having a separate kernel addressing the mptcp stuff might work around
that potential issue.

Akemi