[CentOS-devel] RDO on CentOS

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Jun 18 14:40:20 UTC 2014

On 06/18/2014 12:03 PM, Pádraig Brady wrote:

> At the last Centos dojo in Belgium I gave a talk on why the RDO repos exist,
> and why OpenStack packages were moved _from_ EPEL:
>
>   http://www.pixelbeat.org/talks/rdo_centos/

This was an extremely productive session, and I made -lots- of notes on
the day, but the .odp on that url has everything really relevant here.
Everyone, please go look at it.

We need a CentOS story for and around openstack - one, to make it easier
to consume and develop / test / play with. OpenStack isnt the easiest
thing to get off the ground, and the choices one makes in the early days
are the ones that cause most issues later on. And secondly, an
increasingly larger number of other projects and code bases are
consuming and extending / adding to the openstack base and having an
openstack story in CentOS allows those projects and efforts to come work
in this ecosystem as well.

The process and SIG structure options that Padraig lays out are prolly
the closest thing I've seen so far to a working bootstrap process. Lets
get some eyeballs on it, and chart out a getting-started course.

Can we ?

--
Karanbir Singh