[CentOS-devel] CentOS-7 Public QA Buildtag 140617

Anssi Johansson centos at miuku.net
Wed Jun 18 19:14:16 UTC 2014

18.6.2014 22.09, Fred Smith kirjoitti:
> On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 01:49:05PM +0200, Fabian Arrotin wrote:

>>> There is a 'latest' symlink for the tree's at
>>> http://buildlogs.centos.org/centos/7/os/ - if anyone is using that, then
>>> make sure you are running 'yum distro-sync' often.
>
> OK, dumb question: I'm running the bootinst iso (in virtualbox) that I
> downloaded yesterday. no matter what I enter in "installation source"
> it tells me it's had an error. What exactly am I supposed to put there?
>
> I've tried http://buildlogs.centos.org/centos/7/os/x86_64-latest/
> and the same without the trailing slash. I've trimmed off nodes from
> the end one at a time, and none of those settings has worked.
>
> Someone gimme a smack upside the head, please?

You will need to set up networking prior to selecting the installation
source.

I consider it a UI glitch that the networking setup is the last item on
the setup page, even though a working network connection may already be
needed for the prior steps.

Networking is also needed for setting the time with NTP (in the timezone
settings screen), and it also "mysteriously" fails if networking has not
been set up yet.