[CentOS-devel] rhn tools and subscription manager

Farkas Levente lfarkas at lfarkas.org
Thu Jun 19 10:48:55 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 4:51 PM, Farkas Levente <lfarkas at lfarkas.org> wrote:

> On 06/18/2014 03:59 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Yup, its that question again : do we want to leave, but
> > patch-to-non-functional the rhn and subscription-manager tools in the
> > distro. I know its useful to some projects to leave in, but do they care
> ?
>
> i don't see any reason. what's more it's running if installed and it's
> installed if included in the repo.
> so do not add!

but at the same time as the c7 will be released it'd be very important to
add to the c6 repo these packages:
preupgrade-assistant
preupgrade-assistant-contents
preupgrade-assistant-ui
redhat-upgrade-tool
since they needed for in place upgrade. but these may depend on the above
and also the c7 repo url. so imho these packages should have to added to c6
repo asap.

ps. i've never been able to run preupgrade-assistant to produce usable
output. it's always runs (for a long time) but the result table was always
empty.

pss. be careful it's version change very quickly