[CentOS-devel] docker package missing

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Thu Jun 19 13:50:20 UTC 2014

On 06/19/2014 11:55 AM, Daniel J Walsh wrote:

> On 06/18/2014 04:37 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
>> On 06/18/2014 07:47 PM, 彭勇 wrote:
>>> docker is in *rhel-7-server-extras-rpms of *RHEL 7.
>>>
>>> and it's missing from CentOS 7
>> yup, docker isnt in RHEL7 itself, its in extras/ - look at the
>> conversation around the Extras/ stuff from earlier on this list
>>

> Well that is symantics.  docker is provided as part of the RHEL7
> subscription.  You have to use a different repo so that we can update
> the docker package at a quicker cadence then standard rhel7.

Traditionally, we've always merged-flat into a single tree all RHEL
sources for the distro, to include all variants and layered products as
well. And just not built anything that was in supplimentary. So the
conversation now about Extras/ was how best to handle that, as Kevin
posted - Extras/ has its own timeline and does not map to RHEL Base for
release cycles etc.

At this point the aim is to then build these into the Extras/ repo for
CentOS - lets see if we can get that done fairly soon and into the
testing repos as well.

CentOS-Extras is setup by default in all CentOS linux installs, and
enabled by default, content signed with the same key as the main distro.
So we should end up creating a similar expience for users.

Regards

- KB

--
Karanbir Singh