[CentOS-devel] docker package missing

Tom Sorensen tsorensen at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 17:24:04 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 1:02 PM, Eric Murphy <emurphy at lessorsinc.com> wrote:

> Is Extras just another reference to the Fedora EPEL Project?  I can't find
> a reference to RedHat Extras anywhere except on a press release, and the
> one developer comment (on a quick Google search) that mentions anything
> about extra packages points back to the Fedora EPEL site.
>
> Also, docker-io and docker-registry are located in the EPEL 7 beta
> repository -
>

> http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/beta/7/SRPMS/repoview/letter_d.group.html

Those may be, but docker itself is not anymore, which is what this thread
is about.

Extras is not EPEL, despite the similarity in (expanded) names. It's a
whole new repo that has different rules than the main repo(s) --
essentially it's supported by RH (unlike optional/supplementary) but will
not be version locked (like optional/supplementary, at least sometimes).

Tom